Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Little Mermaid

This eBook told the story of The Little Mermaid with a twist. I listened to this eBook from the website: Speakaboos.com. Never having seen an eBook, I wanted to choose a story that I am very familiar with. Some of the story held the same lines as The Little Mermaid, the book, and the movie. I was a little disappointed though when the rest of the story was not very similar to any of other Little Mermaid stories that I have heard before. The mermaid was taken care of by her grandmother and was allowed to go to the surface when she was fifteen years old. She was supposed to die once the prince had decided to marry another princess but instead the Earth fairies saved her life because of her true selflessness to the prince. The little mermaid became a mermaid again and lived with her father, sisters, and grandmother in true happiness.

I really don’t know how I felt about this eBook. In my opinion, I like how the eBooks are engaging and appealing to children. The words are on the screen and light up when the narrator or character say that word. But there are some things that I did not like. I did not like how the story was changed from the original Little Mermaid. Also, I did not like how there were misspellings and grammar errors throughout the story. The graphics were not very good, in my opinion, either. As a future teacher, if I were to use eBooks in my classroom, I would want to review them first to see if there are appropriate and free of any grammatical errors. Otherwise, I think using eBook every once in a while is good for students. 

The Little Mermaid 
www.speakaboos.com 
EBook 1

No comments:

Post a Comment